Friday, April 1, 2011

Olive Juice!

Each day, more than the last, I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. Each day I fall more and more in love with him and cannot imagine my life without him. Let me share our story.

Isaac and I met in Praise Choir at Lubbock Christian University. I thought he was really cute and kept asking his friend Brian who he was. Finally I asked Isaac out on a TWERP date and he agreed. However, before we even got to the TWERP date he asked me out on a real date. To this day he tells me he just couldn't wait that long to go out with me. We sat at Starbucks for over 4 hours that night and literally had to be asked to leave so they could close up.

However, at this point, I was still a silly freshman who wasn't ready to be in a relationship so I told him I wasn't ready to date. Which really meant I just wasn't ready to date him. Pretty quickly I started dating someone else. I was then in a relationship that was, to put it lightly, an emotional roller coaster that almost killed me. Isaac was always there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to vent to. But somehow I still only thought of him as a friend. And once I got over the bad relationship I was too busy having a crush on my best friend Tyler to think about Isaac.

I then left for the summer to be a counselor at Pine Springs and I was gone for 2 and 1/2 months. During my week off I came home to Lubbock to see my parents and friends. I went to see Isaac every night of that week. And fell in love. I remember sitting on the couch in his living room one night when the power had gone out and just talking to him. That was the night I knew. There was never a moment that I remember talking about being together, I just remember feeling like I knew we were. And we've been together ever since. Almost 6 years (almost 4 of marriage) later I am the happiest and most blessed woman in the world.

1 comment: