Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Faith will carry us through!

Well, some good news instead of complaining.

We. Found. A. House.

A rent house that is. Right in the neighborhood with our best friends! Just a few doors down from Lance and Carli and a few streets over from Brooke, Brian and Brodye!!! Needless to say I am very excited. Let me tell you this awesome story!

Last week, Carli texted me to let me know the house down the street was coming up for rent starting April 15. I was hopeful but knew we didn't need anything until June 1 and I was afraid we wouldn't be able to secure the house. I called the landlady anyway. And boy, am I glad I did!!

She confirmed that the house would be available April 15 but it would take around 2 weeks to get everything cleaned up and painted following the current renters. She then proceeded to tell me that most houses in this neighborhood rent for $1000 a month but "I don't do that." She said we could rent it one of two ways. We could pay $800 and she would fix any problems that arose, or we could pay $700 and she would fix any problems that arise with the heater, a/c, or water heater and we cover anything else. I could not believe my ears!!!! She then told me she normally requires a $400 deposit (which is great) but decided if we would clean the house and paint (however I want) after the current residents move out, she would waive the deposit and May's rent and let us move in rent free until June 1! How amazing is that?!?! Needless to say we are going to look at it tonight (although Carli has already told me it's nice)! I hope its perfect! (Especially when I get done with it!)

The only issue now is making sure we have jobs to pay the rent. Isaac has a promising lead from yesterday and I have two jobs to hold me through the summer. If we can scrimp for a while I think we should be good to go. We are praying fervently about this housing opportunity and taking a leap of faith but we know God will see us through. He always does!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment