Thursday, March 24, 2011

Complacency is the killer...

A little over a year or so ago, Isaac and I and several couples at church started the Foundations Class. We were all struggling to find our fit at church and knew there had to be other couples experiencing the same feelings. So we banded together and began our class. At first we struggled with sharing a room with what felt like every other ministry at church. It was difficult to feel like we were accomplishing something when we were constantly having to overcome new struggles. Finally we were given our own room to decorate and make our own. And the class grew and and took on new life that we were so proud of and loved.

Lately, it seems as if we have all grown too comfortable and far too complacent in our roles in the class. I personally have not stepped up and connected with more people and developed deeper relationships beyond those I already have. We have all become lax in attending class functions such as small group and I fear in that complacency we have hurt feelings. We have failed as spiritual leaders, I have failed as a spiritual leader and I'm sorry.

We began discussing this at small group this past week and have since included others in the conversation and it is my prayer over the next few weeks that we can overcome this bump in the road and move out of complacency and create new life and meaning in our class again. I wonder, have any of you experienced this? And what did you do to overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment