Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lost in translation....

Have you ever felt so completely out of place that you didn't know how to resolve the situation? How about in your own family? Sometimes I feel as if I am so incredibly different than the Wimberley family and somehow I always feel as if it's my fault. That I am the one with the problem and need to change. But at the same time, I can't change. It's who I am, it's how I was raised, and to be different than who I am feels as if I would be lying to myself. I live with my husband whom I love with all of my heart. There are so many reasons that I love him and married him and chose to spend my entire life with him. My sister in law also lives with my husband and I and I love her to death too! It's just that when the three of us and her boyfriend all get together I feel like a complete outcast. I have a completely different sense of humor than the three of them, and I often get offended by some of the things they want to watch. I want my house to stay clean and she has yet to unpack after moving in over a month and a half ago. Sometimes I feel like they look at me as an outsider and don't respect my opinions or my requests. I know they weren't necessarily raised to be clean but is it too much to ask to put things away after you have used them, or to think that cleaning up what you use in the kitchen doesn't just mean filling them with water in the sink. Sometimes, I feel so out of place I just get unhappy and go to bed because it's not worth it for me to sit out there and feel like an idiot. I don't know what to do anymore to make it better. I guess I just got lost in translation....

No comments:

Post a Comment